Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A bit of poetry

I think the title is fairly sufficient. I wrote this yesterday morning, as I came back to my dorm at DePaul.


I’d never felt the dread I felt
In my coming to this place.
Though visited a thousand times
It never lost its grace.

The railways run on repeated actions
And will never fail to stop.
Tall buildings crisscross around me
Cemented like a staple to blacktop.

I never thought I’d lose my joy
Or my wonder of this place.
But recently I’ve begun to feel
Some sort of longing, for me to trace

To trace a path across the world
To create a path that’s mine
To follow in some footsteps
Long erased by the passing of time

To go, to go, to roam far and wide
To go into Nature, and in her confide
All of my instincts, all of my loves
Will fall back around me, leaves from above

Above me, above me sits a tall oak tree
Its seedlings all spread, enveloping me
Surround me, become me, until all I am
Is another oak tree, enriching the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave something insightful!